ZOO ASSIGNMENT

Photos taken at Belfast Zoo:








Drawings done while observing the various animals:






Character Design:

We were given an assignment by Mike to create a character combining the characteristics of four animals we saw at the zoo. In preparation for this, he sent us out to sketch the various animals we liked for the day. It was a fun task to complete. Once we had finished preparation, we then moved on to the task itself. I spent some time deciding which 4 animals I'd fuse to create a character. In the end the 4 that I thought would fit well were; a penguin, a lemur, a monkey and a red panda. I felt that, in terms of size, they would have a nice proportionate mixture of features. Specifically, I chose the face of a red panda, the ears of a red panda, the arms and body of a penguin, and the tail of a monkey. They worked well nicely together, although turned out looking like a gremlin/pikachu creature.





Comments

Popular Posts