Animated Short: Modelling


After we had the story complete, the next stage to move on to was modelling. I took on the Drone, Kite and Title Balloons. I began with the drone. I modelled the body and propellers separately and then combined them. I animated propellers to spin on an infinite loop. The eyes were then rigged using a simple blend shape blink. I felt that this was the best way for a simple blink. Then I moved on to the kite. I used blend shapes for the mouth and for the eyes I used the same rig method for every eyelid that we used, set driven keys. The ribbons and string, however, were done using nCloth. This took a while to get right and make look like real ribbon flowing in the wind. I also then used nCloth after modelling the lettering "HIGH HOPES". They would have 0 gravity and a wind to push them up out of frame in the first shot. Most colours were done using lambert and blinn.


Progress Work



Concept Design




Finished Title



Comments

Popular Posts